Positions Currently Available
Maintenance Worker I
The Reading Parking Authority (RPA) is looking for a full-time Maintenance Worker I.
• Performs a variety of janitorial & housekeeping duties to maintain parking facilities & equipment
• Responds to complaints & performs cleaning, graffiti removal, sweeping, mowing, weeding, etc.
• Performs minor repairs to parking equipment as needed, i.e. replace burned out lamps & broken gates, ticket restocking, etc.
• Patrols parking facilities to perform duties as necessary with minimal or no supervision
• Performs general cleaning of parking facilities & offices including litter removal, snow removal, ice control, and washing parking surfaces & equipment
• Installs & removes parking facility & control signs
• Assists maintenance team & other trade persons or contractors with major repair/installation work
• High school graduate/GED equivalent preferred or a minimum of two years related work history
• Ability to use & properly maintain mechanical cleaning equipment including, but not limited to, mechanical sweepers, power washers, snow throwers, lawn mowers, etc
• Ability to deal courteously with the public & RPA personnel
• Possess a valid Pennsylvania motor vehicle operator’s license prior to and during employment
Current salary is $15.38 per hour after a 90 day probationary period. A comprehensive benefit package includes, but is not limited to, paid vacation, medical, dental & vision benefits, and sick leave.
On or before September 4, 2019, interested candidates should stop by the Reading Parking Authority at 613 Franklin Street, Reading, PA 19602 to read the full job description and fill out an application. Resumes will also be accepted along with the application. The RPA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.38 /hour
• Maintenance: 2 years (Preferred)
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)
• Multiple locations
• Health insurance
• Dental insurance
• Vision insurance
• Retirement plan
• Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
• Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
• People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
• Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
• Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
• Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
• Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity